Whānau, Hapū, Iwi and Community Support
A large number of our tīma are Ngāi Tahu, the majority of whom are Poutini Ngāi Tahu. Through our hononga both in terms of whakapapa and within the community on Te Tai Poutini, we are privileged to work in collaboration with others to support the aspirations of Ngāti Waewae and Ngāti Māhaki.
This support is seen through the development and delivery of a range of initiatives which focus on:
- te reo Māori for whānau, hapū, iwi and community
- support for kaumātua
- resource development for whānau and community, including educators
- PLD support for schools, early childhood centres and Kāhui Ako along Te Tai Poutini
- general consultation and facilitation for connecting with Poutini Ngāi Tahu
- whānau, hapū, iwi and community support and development
- anything else we’re asked to support with that’s within our range of skills and capacity!
We have also worked with Wairewa, Ōnuku and Koukourarata in the past to support with wānanga Matariki for the whānau of Ngāti Irakehu.