Mini Mihi Cards - set of 9
Buy 1, Give 1 - for every set of Mihi Cards you purchase we will gift the same item to an organisation or charity working with whānau in need.
Together with our friends at Aho Creative, we've been dreaming up ways to include a little more te reo Māori into our day to day gestures. This set of 9 cards provides a small and thoughtful way to give words to the feelings we feel often and might seldom verbalise.
The set includes 9 x 9cm x 5cm cards with te reo Māori on the front and an English translation on the back:
1) Kei te whitinga o te rā, nui te aroha mōhou - My sunshine, I love you so much
2) E te tau, kia hari, kia koa tēnei rangi - Darling, have a great day
3) Nōu te rā e te piki kōtuku - The day is yours, my love
4) E poho kererū ana ahau i a koe - I am so proud of you
5) He puna aroha e kore e mimiti mōu e te kuru pounamu - My love for you is endless, my dear
6) Kei te kuru auhuka, ka tāria tō hokinga mai - My darling, I can't wait til you're back
7) E taku māpihi maurea, mei kore ake koe - My love, I couldn't be without you
8) Pai tū, pai hinga - You got this, no matter what
9) Kei te kuku o taku manawa xx - My love xx
These cards were designed by Aho Creative, te reo by Reo Māori Mai, and printed in Ōtepoti, Dunedin.
Check out our Instagram and Facebook for pronunciation support with these mihi if you’d like to also have a go saying them to each other.
Ps. In order to make these cards as accessible as possible, we also have a an A4 free printable version available here